Pandemic Patron Behavior Policy Addendum
In order to keep staff and the public safe:
- Don’t come to the library if you feel sick or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Return items in the Drop Box and these will be quarantined for 24 hours.
- Face coverings are required for staff and patron safety (and per Governor’s order).
- Maintain 6 feet physical distance in all areas of the library.
- Hand sanitizer must be used upon entry.
- Patrons are asked to limit their handling of materials as little as possible.
- Follow library safety procedures and instructions.
- No food or drink, including closed containers.
- Patrons are asked to limit personal items brought into the library and avoid setting things down.
- Patrons are encouraged to limit the number of people they bring into the library, particularly children.
- Parents should monitor and control children’s movements in the library. Children under age 10 must be within arm distance away from their parents at all times.
- Limit of 6 people total inside the building based on sq. footage. Those who do not wear a face covering will be limited to curbside service, subject to availability of staff.
While we are following the state reopening safety guidelines, patrons should be aware that there is some risk inherent in using shared spaces with shared materials. We cannot guarantee a perfectly safe space.
Patron Behavior Policy
Patrons are expected to:
- Respect library policies and procedures.
- Respect rights and privacy of other patrons and staff.
- Be responsible for the safety and behavior of children or dependents in their care.
- Be responsible for the selection choices of their own minor children.
- Be responsible for materials borrowed and fees incurred by themselves or their own minor children (see Title 17-A: MAINE CRIMINAL CODE at http://legislature.maine.gov/legis/statutes/17-a/title17-asec360.html).
Disruptive Behavior Disruptive or threatening behavior by adult patrons or by unattended or unruly children will not be tolerated and may result in the suspension of library privileges. This behavior may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Willful destruction of, or damage to any Library property.
- Removal of Library property from the building without authorization through established lending procedures.
- Lacking shirt, shoes or basic clothing.
- Talking on cell phone.
- Threats towards another person.
- Engaging in any illegal behavior or activity.
- Sexual misconduct.
- Leaving children under the age of 8 unattended.
- Activities or behaviors that interfere with others’ use of the library, or with the ability of staff to perform their duties.
Pets Bringing animals (other than those certified to assist the disabled) into the library without permission is not permitted.
Food and drink Patrons are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages into the library. No food or drink is permitted near the computers.
Smoking Smoking is not permitted on library premises.
Patrons exhibiting any behavior deemed inappropriate by library staff may be asked to leave.