Patrons are expected to:
- Respect library policies and procedures.
- Respect rights and privacy of other patrons and staff.
- Be responsible for the safety and behavior of children or dependents in their care.
- Be responsible for the selection choices of their own minor children.
- Be responsible for materials borrowed and fees incurred by themselves or their own minor children (see Title 17-A: MAINE CRIMINAL CODE at http://legislature.maine.gov/legis/statutes/17-a/title17-asec360.html).
Disruptive Behavior Disruptive or threatening behavior by adult patrons or by unattended or unruly children will not be tolerated and may result in the suspension of library privileges. This behavior may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Willful destruction of, or damage to any Library property.
- Removal of Library property from the building without authorization through established lending procedures.
- Lacking shirt, shoes or basic clothing.
- Talking on cell phone.
- Threats towards another person.
- Engaging in any illegal behavior or activity.
- Sexual misconduct.
- Leaving children under the age of 8 unattended.
- Activities or behaviors that interfere with others’ use of the library, or with the ability of staff to perform their duties.
Pets Bringing animals (other than those certified to assist the disabled) into the library without permission is not permitted.
Food and drink Patrons are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages into the library. No food or drink is permitted near the computers.
Smoking Smoking is not permitted on library premises.
Patrons exhibiting any behavior deemed inappropriate by library staff may be asked to leave.