Let’s Talk About It is a group for people who want to talk about books. The books and facilitator, John Zavodny, will be provided by the Maine Humanities Council in collaboration with the Maine State Library. We will meet Wednesdays for five sessions. All sessions will begin at 7:00pm at the library for approximately 90 minutes.
Exploring Human Boundaries: Literary Perspectives on Health Care Providers and Their Patients. A disease or a sick person? Health care professionals do not always focus on what is most important to the patient and the patient’s family. These classic 20th-century accounts of illness, death, and dying dramatically illuminate these complex issues.
- Sep. 26 – The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman
- Oct. 24 – The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Nov. 28 – The Plague by Albert Camus
- Jan. 23 – The Diving-Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby
- Feb. 27 – W;t by Margaret Edson
Books for those who signed-up are available. Stop by the library to pick them up. There are a few extra. If you want to participate in the book discussion, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.